In addition to the sale of art at the Big Art Party there will be a a round of “Heads or Tails”, a “Tickets for tickets” raffle, and a live auction.
The “Heads or Tails” prize is a Sony Playstation (PS4 Pro) and Virtual Reality bundle plus 9 games. It is valued at $1000+. Purchase a “Heads or Tails” Necklace for $50 to participate. We will flip a coin and the last one wearing a necklace will win the Virtual Reality set.
For non-virtual experiences we will be drawing raffle tickets for museum tickets and memberships. The Oakland Museum of Art and the Asian Art Museum are some of the museums included in the “Tickets for Tickets” raffle. You do not need to be at the party to win. Get your Raffle Tickets at the Big Art Show – $5/ticket or $20/ 5 tickets.
The live auction includes:
- A Private Tour at Pixar and Pixar Artwork. Pixar Animation Studios is not open to the public and tours cannot be purchased, so this is a unique experience for up to eight guests behind the scenes.
- Signed books by Comic Book Author Daniel Clowes. Clowes is the author of the Eightball series, Ghost World, and “Art School Confidential.” To learn more about Clowes, listen to his interview by Terry Gross on NPR. Daniel is a Piedmont Middle School parent.
- Custom Portrait of your Child or Pet by Courtney Booker. The final portrait will be 20×20 in size. Booker was an artist at Pixar. See her Etsy store, “Booker Portraits” for more examples of her work.
- A Private Cessna Ride with Jon Reining. Go for a day trip somewhere in the Bay Area with Wildwood Dad Jon Reining in a Cessna. Go hunt for Art in a plane!
- A two-night stay at any Kimpton Hotel. There are 66 hotels in 35 cities to choose from – each is a designers paradise. Where will you go? Museum hopping in LA, NY, Amsterdam, or to the beaches of the Cayman Islands?