The arts teach a common core of knowledge that will help students appreciate and understand human history and cultures, develop higher order thinking skills, express their own creativity, and develop a life-long appreciation of the arts.
PAINTS is a non-profit membership organization comprised of parents and community members who are committed to supporting the vital role of art in education. Membership donations provide art materials and experiences in Piedmont schools in the following ways:
- School stipends based on a per student basis to all six Piedmont schools.
- Stipends to each elementary classroom teacher for in-class art supplies.
- Grants to teachers with innovative and artful ideas: PHS was awarded monies for ceramic tools and a mask-making project; Millennium was given funds for construction materials for a portable theatre set; PMS received monies for a paper cutter, art materials, and Chinese brush painting instruction; Beach received a grant for an author/illustrator assemblies and tile project; Havens' mural project and tile project were funded; Wildwood received grants for book-making supplies and curriculum art materials.
- Art Education Grants: In 2006, PAINTS introduced a new grant program to allow teachers, administrators and other school staff to win PAINTS grants for continuing education classes.
- Tri-school Art Show
- Citibank Art Show
- Annual Birdhouse Gala
- Annual Chalk Art Festival